Crude Glycerin Refining and Purification - Caldwell Green Commission
Caldwell Green Commission has received a grant from the Biofuels Center of North Carolina to support development of a glycerine refining processing capability at the Foothills Bio-Energies biodiesel refinery in Lenoir, North Carolina. The capacity will be large enough to handle the crude glycerine output of this facility and scalable to potentially handle the crude glycerine output of other biodiesel producers that may exist in western and central North Carolina. This project will demonstrate how producers can be more profitable by increasing the value of this co-product and the feasibility of systems of this type to be adapted to small- or civic-scale biodiesel production facilities. Additionally, this project will provide an in-state capability of glycerine refining allowing this product to be produced in and marketed directly back into the North Carolina marketplace.
- Populus Trials for Biofuels Production in Western North Carolina - NC State University
- Cold-hardy Sugarcanes for Western North Carolina - NC State University
- Reinventing Giant Miscanthus - NC State University
- WNC Feedstock Depot - Carolina Land & Lakes RC&D
- Investigating the Economic Viability of a Municipal Solid Waste-to-Biofuels Facility in Western North Carolina - Appalachian State University