North Carolina's Biofuels Landscape: Current Sites and Future Vision
The downloadable map below was generated in June 2012 and shows current biofuels production facilities. The shaded areas indicate biomass supply capabilities for future production capabilities. Included, too, are civic and small-scale undertakings. These are the kinds of ventures which, for example, a municipal waste-water treatment facility may offer an opportunity for small-scale production of biofuels.
Click on the thumbnail to open the full-size PDF.
- North Carolina's Growing Strengths: The Solar Center's Clean Transportation Projects
- Biofuels Headline - July/August 2013
- Biofuels Center of North Carolina to close national model due to state budget elimination (29 July 2013)
- Populus Trials for Biofuels Production in Western North Carolina - NC State University
- Cold-hardy Sugarcanes for Western North Carolina - NC State University