Congressman Kissell visits Center for briefing
As part of a regional visit, U.S. Congressman Larry Kissell visited the Biofuels Center for a progress update on 6 August 2012.
Congressman Kissell was briefed on the progress of the following topics:
- The status of North Carolina's biofuels endeavor
- Gaining feedstocks and large-scale production
- Gaining civic and small-scale production
- Regional woody biomass assessments
- Military and aviation biofuels production
- North Carolina's Biofuels Campus
Kissell said he was a proponent of cost-effective and sustainable biofuels production in North Carolina and he applauded the Center's work in establishing the state as a national leader in the sector.